Thursday, September 17, 2009

reflection

I don’t notice the words around be not cause they are not noticed just they are not used. The words we are told to study are so unspoken that they are confined to ether a teachers vocabulary or a English nut .As far as if i approach words in a different way i do but I'm not posting words in blogs i find that i don't know.I may look it up or ask someone but that's about as far as i go for figuring out new words. A digital dictionary or dictionary.com makes it easy to find meanings of words. Using the words I learned would probably happen if the person i was talking to knew them as well. Because it would be a pain in the butt to keep explaining what you just said over the minute you said it. There are much easier words that mean the same thing so of course I use that word instead of the fourteen letter word for good. As far as remembering the words after tests or even before that, some are easy to remember do to the word being used in some minute way when normal people talk. Other words you never hear are harder to learn do to them not being spoken at all. Its like the saying"you don't use it you lose it". And that's very true for vocabulary words math equations and any other skill or knowledge one might pick up somewhere. It seems thet over half of the words in the dictionary wont ever be spoken my man or otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. I’ve never even had a blog before. I mean a My Space and Facebook Page yes, but a blog, how and where would I even begin to blog my life. Truly though a blog on Vocabulary seems just a little extreme to me. The words that I use are indeed simpler in a sense, for I feel I never use the words I have learned in class in the outside world or in conversation. I am a terrible test taker so I always fail my tests no matter what I seem to do, experts call it test anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mentioned the quote “you don’t use it you lose it”, and how it ties with math and everyday issues. I also agreed when you said there’s a simpler word to say to someone then saying a word they may not understand. I liked how you mentioned remembering words that we hardly use is difficult. I think as we get older we have to start expanding our vocabulary, and memorize as many words as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you that you said that words we study are never spoken because they are words that almost nobody uses. i also agree when you said there's a simpler word to say to someone then saying a word they may not understand.

    ReplyDelete